Meerut Municipal Corporation is one of Uttar Pradesh’s most famous corporations which was founded in 1992. The people of Meerut who own residential property are required to pay every year House Tax to the Municipal Corporation of Meerut.
This tax is used by the Corporation for providing various civic facilities & services. So, through this article, we will help you to gather a delightful bunch of knowledge regarding the Meerut Municipal Corporation Property Tax, so if you need all the relative information then please read the article thoroughly.
- 1 Highlights:
- 1.1 Types of Tax:
- 1.2 Procedure for making the Payment of the Tax:
- 1.3 Details regarding Tax Payment:
- 1.4 Formula for calculating property tax:
- 1.5 Factors on which the tax depends:
- 1.6 Details needed while filling up an online form for the House Tax:
- 1.7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
|Summary of House Tax or Property Tax||Meerut Nagar Nigam Content|
|Municipal Corporation’s Name||Meerut Municipal Corporation|
|Short Name||Meerut Nagar Nigam|
|Area||450 sq. km.|
|Total Population||15.7 lakhs|
|Contact Email IDemail@example.com|
|Official Twitter Account Link||https://twitter.com/mrtnagarnigam?lang=en|
Types of Tax:
The different types of tax includes-
- House Tax,
- Parking Tax,
- Property Tax,
- Water Bill, etc.
Procedure for making the Payment of the Tax:
The Meerut Municipal Corporation Property Tax payment can be made online by following the below given procedure-
- The taxpayers should at first visit the website Meerutnagarnigam.com.
- After that, they must find the payment link of Property Tax and then they should click on it.
- Then, they must enter all the details that are needed.
- Next, they should pay the tax by following any of the following methods-
Details regarding Tax Payment:
The process for assessment and collection of tax has been made transparent by the Municipal Corporation of Meerut. There is a limit in the tax’s increase or decrease and enabling property tax’s self assessment.
The tax can be paid by both online and offline mode. The property tax’s interest rate usually varies from 5 per cent to 20 per cent.
The details regarding late payment fee can be known by contacting the officials. However, any late fee is not charged in many states. The tax amount and rate varies in different places all over India. However, a formula is provided below using which it can be calculated.
Formula for calculating property tax:
Meerut Nagar Nigam Property Tax = built up area x age factor x base value x type of building x category of use x floor factor.
Factors on which the tax depends:
The Meerut Municipal Corporation Property Tax depends on the following factors-
- Land’s base value
- Type of construction
- Age of property or years of the construction
- Occupancy factors
- Whether the land is rented or self owned
- Whether it is single floored or multi floored
- Type of property
- Whether the land is commercial or it is residential
Details needed while filling up an online form for the House Tax:
The below-given details will be needed while filling up an online form for the House Tax-
- Ward Number
- House Number
- Name of the Owner
- Property ID
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How can the payment receipt of the tax be received?
The payment receipt of the tax can be received from the official website, that is, Meerutnagarnigam.com.
How can the tax be paid online?
The tax can be paid online by visiting the website Meerutnagarnigam.com.
We have tried our best to provide various important information regarding the Meerut Municipal Corporation Property Tax. If you want to get any further details, you can contact us via comments. However, you can stay tuned with us for further information.